IBM Spectrum Accelerate Upgrade V11.5.4
IBM Storage announced today an update on their Spectrum Accelerate platform. This is part of the Spectrum Family which IBM has been selling under different names for over 20 years. The ‘Accelerate’ portion is based on the XIV grid technology and runs on VMware servers in a converged or even hyper-converged environment.
IBM Spectrum Accelerate V11.5.4 delivers the following functions with this release:
- Data-at-rest encryption enables the use of SEDs to protect user data from exposure to unauthorized personnel
- Hot encryption enables you to activate encryption at a later stage of the system lifecycle instead of at the time of installation
- Support for VMWare vCenter/ESXi 6.0 enables VMWare-based systems to upgrade to a newer version of vSphere
- Support for 450 GB and 15K rpm drives increases the diverse inventory of hard drives you can install
- Hyper-Scale Manager is the next-generation, web-based GUI to deliver a holistic and intuitive user experience while sharing the same pane of glass with the whole A-line family: A9000, A9000R, and XIV Gen3
For more information about this release click here.
A great resource for all things on Accelerate, check out these Redbooks